Tuesday 26 August 2008

Mamma Mia! The Movie

Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?


Yes, how can I resist this movie. Incidentally, the broadway play first opened its doors to the public in London in 1999 at the Prince Edward theater. It is based on the hit ABBA single of the same name.

The story is about a 20-year-old girl who is preparing for her wedding in her mother's hotel in Greece. She has everything except a father to give her away. So she got hold of her mother's diary and finds that there are three men who could be her father. She invites these men to her wedding believing that she will be able to identify who her father is once she sets eyes on him. And thus, the fun begins.

Now, as you all know, I am a James Bond fanatic. So, how could I pass on a chance to ogle at Pierce Brosnan, a former 007?
I mean, a gun-toting, martini-drinking 007 who could sing?!

Pierce Brosnan is better known for his 007 roles - a cool, sexy spy who remains calm and collected even under the most trying circumstances. It will be interesting to watch him in a role where he does not have his usual 007 toys and cars.

It seems that he did not know what the movie was about when he signed on. The producers only told him that the movie would be filmed in Greece and that Meryl Streep would be starring in it. The former 007 immediately agreed, saying that he would sign on any project that involved Meryl Streep. He described her as that gorgeous blonde that he fancied terribly in Drama School.

Hmm......I can't wait to watch it.
The movie will be released in Malaysia in September 2008.