Thursday 28 August 2008

Dyeing My Own Hair

With prices of everything going through the roof, I decided to colour my hair myself. So off I went to Watson to look for hair colouring kits. After looking through the myriad of choices, I finally bought myself a box of Revlon ColorSilk hair colour no. 33 for RM21.90. Wow, it's so much cheaper to do it yourself at home than to pay for a professional job in a hair salon.

I opted for the most natural colour so that should I make any mistake, which is quite likely considering I'm new at this, it won't be a total disaster.

I still remember the disastrous hair colour that my ex-housemate in London had when she coloured her own hair. She is a natural blonde, and had bought a platinum hair colour to make it even lighter. But instead of getting a platinum head, she ended up with a pink head (yes, this shade!). For the next two months, she went around with a scarf over her head.

Hopefully, this disaster would not happen to me tomorrow, when I try colouring my hair myself. Otherwise, I'll have to borrow a tudung from one of my Muslim friends.