Friday 26 November 2010

Blackie Turns Five

Time flies. It's been five years since I picked Blackie and the late Brownie, two newborn 3-day-old kittens, from the garden of my previous apartment on a wet afternoon. There were four in the litter, and he was the only black one. He was the tiniest of the litter, and the noisiest, squealing non-stop. It was his cries that led me to him.


Blackie has since grown from an all-black kitten into a tabby with greys and browns, and is a rather quiet cat. Quiet as in, he makes these soft little kitteny mews. Has anyone heard the late Michael Jackson speak? Well, Blackie reminds me of Michael Jackson, where the voice is not compatible with the total package.


From a tiny, skinny kitten, Blackie is one big, fat cat now. He has been the proud recipient of a couple of nicknames from hubby: "Fat Boy" and "Button Face". I like Button Face better. :)


So, happy birthday Blackie, my Button Face. I love you.