Sunday 3 May 2009

Blackie Behaving Weirdly

I was out for a bit today, and when I came home in the evening, close to 7pm, Blackie did not come out to greet me at the door. I started looking for him, but couldn't find him. My mum then told me that he has been hiding in his hidey hole since morning. 

She said that Blackie has not eaten or drank any water since he went into hiding. She tried to get him out to feed him, but after he got out of his hole, he froze. looked up and around him, eyes widened in fear, and rushed off to hide again. My mum described it like as if he saw something that she couldn't see.

Anyway, it's now 12:31am, he popped out for a short while just now, but wouldn't eat or drink, and is back in hiding again. He has never been like this in his entire life, so I'm really worried about him. I even offered him salmon, but he never even came near to the food.

I can't extract him out of the hidey hole unless some hefty furnitures are moved. What could be wrong with him? I'm sure he's starving by now, but he is not confident enough to come out to eat. I wonder what happened to trigger this unusual fear. My mum has no idea, as she spends most of her time in her room watching telly. *worried*