Sunday 28 February 2010

Choi Sun Tiger Kissed My Hand



Last night, we arrived at Brem Mall, Kepong, to see a line of people queuing up. Curious, we went to the front of the queue to see what they are queuing up for. It was none other than the Choi Sun Yeh (God of Prosperity) giving out red packets to the mall's customers. Except that, it's not a conventional Choi Sun Yeh. It's a Choi Sun Tiger. 




At first, we thought it was for children. Then, we saw people who are much older than us in the line. Pretty sure the red packets do not contain money, but some vouchers, we decided to join the crowd.




When it was my turn, I was startled when the Choi Sun Tiger, after giving me my red packet, asked for a kiss. I offered him a handshake instead, which he then turned my palm downwards and kissed the back of my hand.


Hubby who was behind me in the line, wasn't quick enough to take a shot of it. He only managed to capture a shot of my hand being returned to me.  




And the red packets do not contain vouchers, but gold coin chocolates with a "value" of 120 Euro coins.