Friday 2 January 2009

Marking 1st Day of 2009 With A Visit to KL's "Gurney Drive"

I know, I know, today is the 2nd day of 2009, and 3rd Jan is only 10 minutes away. But I'm such a procrastinator that to be just one day behind is a super achievement for me......Lol!!!

Anyway, since the sky was overcast, we decided to take advantage of the not-so-hot weather and went for a nature's walk to Ulu Yam, which is about 10km or slightly more, from Kepong. For the uninitiated, Ulu Yam has a water dam, waterfall and a jungle with some eco resorts.

Behold! KL's "Gurney Drive"!


This water dam in Ulu Yam is used to generate electricity


These two goats were part of a larger group of 4-legged beggars  :)


Bird nests hanging from the ceiling of one of the eco resorts we popped in to rest


Chalets on stilts in the eco resort

And this is just the appetizer.....tomorrow, we're heading off to Langkawi, with a one-night stop-over in Penang. I'm so looking forward to the trip, as this is only my 2nd visit to Langkawi in my entire life.