Thursday 1 January 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

For some reason, I am more excited about new year eve than I am about Chinese new year eve. Maybe it has to do with a change in calendar and diary that gives me the festive mood. 

Anyway, whatever it is, yesterday, I started counting down to year 2009 from as early as 7:09pm. Talk about kiasu-ness.....hahaha. Taking a tip from what I learned about night photography (related post here), I set up my 8-year-old tripod at my living room balcony at 7:09pm and started shooting away.

View of Sri Damansara (I love the ominious contrast of the sky)


View of KLCC, KL Tower, Bukit Bintang and Dataran Merdeka


At last.....9 minutes to year 2009 
*standing at the balcony, waiting for the fireworks display*


10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...!!! Boom! Bang! Boom! There goes the fireworks. I did not video record the fireworks in KLCC, Bukit Bintang or Dataran Merdeka as there was another one right in my face, courtesy of Kepong Food Court. It was a scaled-down version of the one they had last year, so they're not really that grand. Nevertheless, I decided to record it regardless. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!