Saturday 13 September 2008

A Housewife's Plea: Please release Tan HC

This morning, I woke up to a shock! The Sin Chew Daily reporter, Tan Hoon Cheng, and Teresa Kok were arrested under ISA last night at their homes. What for??

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, Raja Petra Kamaruddin was arrested at his home at 1:10pm. That, I could understand, as the government has been eyein
g him for some time now. But Tan and Kok? What have they done wrong? And Tan was in handcuffs like a big time criminal!!

Photo source: The Star at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/9/13/nation/2022372&sec=nation

Tears filled my eyes when I saw the picture. She is just an ordinary person, not a politician and was only carrying out her duty as a journalist to report on what transpired. What she wrote had to be approved by the editorial board. And if what she wrote wasn't true, why did Najib publicly apologize for what Ahmad Ismail said?

Please do not make her the scapegoat. Please release her.