Wednesday 4 November 2009

Help! Cat Language Tutor Needed!


Has any of you who own cats ever tried to teach the English language to your cat? Have you had any success? If you had, then you're hired!

Seriously, I need help convincing my recalcitrant cats that a bird is called a bird in my language, not noark (according to Yin Yin) or kek-kek-kek (according to Blackie).

Whenever the birds land on our balcony or window ledge, which is a few times a day, a language struggle ensues.

Yin Yin: Noark
Blackie: Kek-kek
Me: Bird
Yin Yin (turning to look at me): Noark-noark
Blackie (not taking his eyes off the birds): Kek-kek-kek
Me: No, it's not a noark, or kek-kek. It's a bird.
Yin YIn (looking at me again): Noark-noark-noark
Me: In my language it's a bird, Yin Yin.
Yin Yin: Noark-noark-noark-noark, Meow.
Me: Sigh. And my name is not Meow, so please say my name correctly when addressing me.