Tuesday 28 October 2008

MPH Warehouse Sales

On Sunday afternoon, after a short nap, hubby and I went to Section 13 in PJ where the MPH Warehouse Sales was held. Despite my not feeling well, I dragged myself to the sales hoping to get some good buys. Books are expensive here, and it's not everyday that MPH holds a sale.

It was difficult to find a parking space, and we ended up parking about 500m away. The sun was blazing hot, and hubby suffered sunburnt on his thighs. We knew it was going to be hot and stuffy inside the warehouse, so we had dressed light - shorts and T-shirts.

There was a large crowd by the time we arrived at the warehouse. At one glance, it looks promising, with so many books around. But on closer look, most of the books are old and I've read them before. Also, this time round, there were more children's and teenagers' books than books for adults. 

I finally bought three books: The Accident Man by Tom Cain, True Evil by Greg Iles and Someone To Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught. Quite disappointing as I was hoping to be able to buy at least 6 months' supply before the next sale. I'm quite a voracious reader and can finish a 500+ pages novel in just a few days.

I guess this time I have to ration myself and read only a chapter a day.  :D