Thursday 30 September 2010

Cat Hygiene 101 - Part 2

N.B. Continued from Difference Between Cat Cleanliness and Cat Hygiene
---------------------------


A cat is clean, but not exactly hygienic. That said, a cat can be forgiven for being less than hygienic. After all, we humans didn't start to concern ourselves with hygiene until the 19th century. And today, two centuries later, there are still a number of elderly folks who might think hygiene is over-rated.


Now, back to cats and hygiene, or the lack of it. In my earlier post I forgot to mention that Yin not only washes her paws after she buries her waste, but likes to dip her paws into the water bowls and splash the water around, producing a fountain effect. The result is a damp wall and wet floor. On some level I think she knows that is naughty as she always stops the minute I catch her in the act. 


To top it off, she also has a rather unusual way of drinking water --- she'd scoop up the water with her paw and drink from it. A friend said I should have given her a straw while another suggested that I give her a spoon.