Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bought A Bird For My Cats To Play With



Buying a bird for my cats to play with has been on my mind for some time now. After much weighing and due consideration given to the torture and stress the poor bird is likely to suffer at the hands, or in this case, paws of my cats, I have finally decided to go ahead and purchased a.........toy bird for my cats.


Since they had shown an inclination to play with birds (one of their favourite toys is a wave  made of feathers that flies like a bird and makes a flapping sound), I anticipated lots of fun and enjoyment for both Chief Eunuch Blackie Bond (promotion to Chief bestowed by Maneki Neko) and his Empress Dowager Lady Faye Yin. However......that was not so.


I was not prepared that my cats, in particular the Chief Eunuch, would be fearful of a toy bird. When triggered by sensors of sound and motion, the bird shakes its head, flaps its wings and chirps. Blackie couldn't find enough land to flee away from the chirping, wing-flapping and head-shaking toy, while Yin just froze and turned away from the offending bird. She always does that to anything that she doesn't like.....it's the sign of the Imperial Disapproval......by turning away from the bird it is supposed to humbly and quietly remove itself from her imperial presence, but unfortunately for her, the bird did not understand the imperial protocol.


So, until they learn that the bird is at their command, that they could get the bird to shake its head or chirp by just touching the cage or meowing, there won't be any funny videos to post. Only some photos.


Blackie fleeing the second the bird started to shake its head and chirped


Staying far away from the offending bird


The head-shaking and chirping bird