Friday 13 February 2009

Curry Prawns

Yup, I cooked that. I wanted to cook it during Chinese New Year, but the prawns were being sold at RM45 per kati. Mind you, not kg, but kati. 

So now that the prawns are back to their regular price, I can enjoy my curry prawns again. This recipe was passed down from my grandmother to my mother, and now to me, and as you know, in grandmothers' days, it was a bit of this, a pinch of that.....yup, no measurements used.  :)

The ingredients are simple: lots of fresh and dry chilli, some onions, garlic, lots of shallots, lemongrass & belacan (ground together), gingerbud flower, daun kesom & assam. 

We like it real spicy, so the proportion of chilli was very much higher than the rest of the ingredients. Oh yeah, not forgetting the prawns and ladies' fingers a.k.a okra.