Wednesday 22 October 2008

Spaghetti Chilli Con Carne

The last time I cooked spaghetti chilli con carne was when I lived in England. Yes, that long ago. So, for some reason, last night I suddenly decided to cook chilli con carne for dinner. 

My hubby's comment was, "Are you sure you know how to cook Chilli Con Carne?" You see, despite our having been married for five years, I've never cooked the dish for him before.

Now, let me jot down the ingredients before I forget....yeah, hubby and mummy loved it, so I have to cook this again in the future.

Ingredients:
1 canned tomato, (cube the tomatoes) 
1 canned Tesco chilli beans (red kidney beans)
MInced beef
1 yellow onion, minced
3 or 4 cloves or garlic, minced
4 fresh tomatoes, cubed
1 red capsicum, or red pepper

Seasonings:
2 teaspoons Cajun Spice 
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chilli flakes 
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sherry (or chinese rice wine if you don't have sherry)
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
salt to taste

Chilli con carne goes well with spaghetti or rice. We ate it with spaghetti last night, and today, I ate the leftovers with plain, white rice. Yum-yum... :)~~~