Tuesday 5 August 2008

What is a Cat Tree?

This is the question my cousin asked me when I mentioned cat tree. I don't normally buy greeting cards, preferring instead, to make my own cards for friends and relatives. This is a photo of my cat that I made into a birthday card that generated this question.


And.........for those who don't own cats, below is what a cat tree looks like. I bought it from PetsMore just before I moved to my new home. I had worried about Blackie not used to a new place, and wanted to distract him with new toys. He has a habit of getting tired of his toys quickly and is constantly looking for new things to play.

The cat tree comes with scratching posts as supporting columns for the structure, which is perfect, as Blackie has been using the sofa in my old home for a scratching post. And that's not all. There are two furry toys hanging on strings from the different levels of the tree, which kept Blackie entertained for hours.