Thursday 7 August 2008

Rain, Rain, DON'T Go Away

Rain, rain, don't go away. Wash the haze and heat away.

It has been raining since this morning, and the temperature now (at 6.18pm) is 24 degrees Celsius but feels like 26 degrees Celsius.

I love it when it rains. Well, I don't like the wet part, but I like the cold that comes with it.

Strange that I should say this. When I was living in England, I remember how I hated the cold and wanted a tropics climate in my home. While it was minus 10 degrees Celsius outside, my home would be recording a blazing temperature of 36 degrees Celsius!!

Yes, be it summer or winter, I would turn on the central heating plus the fire in the living room. It could be freezing outside, but I was able to potter around the house in my T-shirt, shorts and open-toed sandals while my neighbours next door were bundled up in jumpers and long johns.

How ironic that now I want the cold.