Friday 15 August 2008

Lee Chong Wei Marches Into The Finals

Lee Chong Wei eliminated Lee Hyun-il from South Korea to qualify for the finals at 21-18, 13-21, 21-13

The badminton semi-finals between Lee Chong Wei and Lee Hyun-il was a nerve-wrecking and nail-biting session. I was literally at the edge of my seat, biting my nails as the game went on.

Chong Wei, the world No. 2 shuttler, played a great game in the first round. But one could see that the unseeded Lee Hyun-il was quite a match for him. It wasn't a complete sweep-over as one might have expected. Chong Wei lost in the second game, and by the time the rubber match started, I was already gritting my teeth and nearly biting my tongue.

When he finally won, I was so ecstatic that I clapped enthusiastically, accidentally smacking my hubby's face.