Wednesday 20 August 2008

Donnie Brasco Vs. Donnie Darko

A few days ago, my hubby and I were checking out some DVDs in a shop at Kota Damansara when I came across a movie titled "Donnie Darko".

Without reading the synopsis at the back cover, I immediately told my hubby that we must get this movie as it was recommended by my cousin two years ago, but which we had never found in any shops until that day. Without giving it another thought, he bought it right away.

Then, last night, while chatting online with my cousin, I told her that I had bought Donnie Darko. Under the assumption that I must be mistaken, she corrected me, saying the title is Donnie Brasco.

I checked the DVD cover (we haven't watched it yet) and confirmed that it was indeed Donnie Darko that we had bought. The story is about a troubled teenager who is plagued by visions of a large bunny rabbit that manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after narrowly escaping a bizarre accident.

Donnie Brasco, on the other hand, is about an FBI undercover agent who infiltrates the mob and finds himself identifying more with the mafia life at the expense of his regular one.

One has a large bunny rabbit while the other is about mafia life. Can a person get more mixed-up than this? It is no wonder my hubby says I'm a comedy of errors.