Monday 4 August 2008

Book Review: The Simple Truth by David Baldacci

David Baldacci is one of my favourite authors, besides Michael Crichton and Stephen King. I've devoured all their books. So, I've decided that off and on, I shall share some of these books that I've enjoyed so much with you, my friends.

Today, I'll like to share about The Simple Truth by David Baldacci. I bought it at one of the MPH Book Fairs at a fraction of its retail price.

The story is about John Fiske, a former cop turned attorney whose investigation into the death of his estranged brother led him into the murky grounds of corruption in the powers that be.

Michael Fiske was a lawyer, and worked in the Supreme Court in Washington DC, the highest court in America. He had stolen a prison letter from Rufus Harm, a death row inmate, and sealed his own fate. Now John has to find out what his brother's death has to do with a crime that Rufus Harm committed twenty-five years before.

The story flows smoothly enough, with all the usual actions taking place, plot twists and what not. To read a synopsis and review of this book, do visit Amazon.com.