Thursday 31 July 2008

Maxis Takes The Cake!!!

Maxis truly believes in jumping into the bandwagon. The company not only subscribes to the ideology of self-service, it embraces it like a dearly beloved brother.

What had got me so riled is that while its broadband service has got from unsatisfactory to unacceptable (it disconnects every few minutes), it has now gone a step further. It has gone into "incommunicado" mode.

The Maxis hotline used to put a caller on hold until a customer service staff is free to answer the call. But for the past 2 days, it's just a toot-toot sound I hear. Frustrated, I did all the usual technical trouble-shooting I know and at last, a Maxis homepage popped up on my screen.

Like a thirsty woman lost in a desert, I quickly drank in the message...............
[Quote]
No more walking to a Maxis center, or calling the Helpline! With this new, convenient, and comprehensive support tool option, you will now know everything you need to know about managing your own broadband account, on-line! Jump start your broadband experience now!
[End Quote]http://www.maxis.com.my/maxisbb/selfhelp_index.asp

Well, well, Maxis, I salute you. Way to go. No personal touch customer service is the best policy. Less stress for your staff translates to less manpower turnover, eh? But what about your dissatisfied customers? Or we don't count in the grand scheme of things?